squashgodfather

squashgodfather
squashgodfather

Monday, March 2, 2015

re-cap

Confessions of a squash court manager
episode 7
re-cap
Wednesdays should be one of my favorite days of the week. At 4pm I have a round of golf  against my long suffering....(that's code for getting his arse whipped on a regular basis),  playing partner, Fossil, followed by him buying me a  pint of  ice cold beer, in recognition of another victory for the squashgodfather.

So why don't I like Wednesdays you ask? The answer is two words Day and  League! 
Don't get me wrong, not every thing or every one involved in Day League is the cause of my melancholy surrounding Wednesdays, most are lovely fellow squash nuts, its just a couple of whinging whiners,who really piss me off.

"Hi ladies what would you like to drink?" I said to the gaggle of women standing at the counter looking at my limited range of wine on sale as they were preparing to have lunch following their matches.
"For a club with a liquor licence you have a pretty poor selection  of wine on offer." Says one of the gaggle. Obviously a real connoisseur!  "Give us a run down of what wines you have?" Real charmer this bitch!
"I have strawberry champagne." A favorite at the Corleone Squash Centre CSC. "As well as, SSB, lemon ruskis and apple cider."
"I feel like a chardonnay, do you have any?" Says the  connoisseur of the gaggle, obviously not just dumb , but also deaf.
"Right, lets re-cap" I said, trying very hard to keep the, fuck me look off my face. "I have strawberry champagne,  SSB, lemon ruskis and apple cider." 
"What about some rose'?" Thats it, this bitch is taking the piss.
"No, I've told you what I have twice, just pick one of those, or get lost."
"Give me a bottle of ssb then, how much?"
"fourteen dollars."
"Bloody hell, I can get that wine for nine dollars at my local bottle shop." Whats wrong with this fucking woman?.
"I'm not a bloody bottleshop love, give me the money or fuck off."   Faaarrk. More money  thrown in my face, I feel like a Chippendale, oh how I love Wednesdays.

Another satisfied customer.

good squash
squashgodfather


No comments:

Post a Comment