squashgodfather

squashgodfather
squashgodfather

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

nice try

Confessions of a squash court manager
episode 16
nice try

I cant blame anyone for trying to get something for nothing, hell, I try every trick in the book to scam a bargain. However this dickhead tried to scam me! the bloody squashgodfather, how fucking stupid can a person be?
Lets call this dickhead Vito. Vito brings his racquet in to the Corleone Squash Centre for a restring.
"Hi squashgodfather can you restring this in Technifibre for me?" he asked, handing the racquet over to me.
"No problem Vito, the question is are you good enough to need such top quality string? you could probably get away with some cheap old fishing line" I said with a smirk on my handsome face.
"You really are an arsehole? Just do it ASAP... Please." He said.  
"Will do, it will be ready tomorrow. You don't get awesome service like that anywhere else do ya?
"Yeah with a mouthful of  abuse thrown in, that's great customer service." he said heading out the door.
"Fuck off." I yelled at his back as he crossed the carpark.

I cut the old strings out of Vito's racquet and as requested restrung it in Technifibre, the king of squash string. Waste of good fucking string on Vito,if you ask me, but the customer is always right...Oh yeah!
Once finished, as always, I did a thorough inspection of the racquet and made a note of any chips, scratches or other defects. Just in case of trouble later. 
Vito's racquet had a couple of small but distinguishable chips at about the 2 o'clock position on the head. I noted these in my file, and my mind!

2 weeks later Vito comes off court and shows me his racquet, the strings were broken."whats going squashgodfather, strings break after 2 weeks. That's not good enough." he says slamming it down onto the counter.
"Calm down," I said, grabbing the racquet off the counter and having a quick look over it. There was something not quite right with  it even though it looked the same. I reached down and took out my notes and flicked through to Vito's job. Sure enough the 2 chips at 2 o'clock had disappeared. Hallelujah its a miracle! Turns out shifty Vito had 2 of the same racquets, and this was the other one.
 "Nice try Vito, get your wallet out"

another happy customer
good squashing
squashgodfather

No comments:

Post a Comment