squashgodfather

squashgodfather
squashgodfather

Sunday, May 3, 2015

good catch

confessions of a squash court manager
episode 14
good catch

This episode happened several years ago when the squashgodfather was a slightly leaner meaner fighting machine than he is today.
I was busy getting the Corleone squash center into its usual tip top condition for the day ahead, when I heard the bell go off signalling that some one had come in. I was just finishing up mopping the showers, so yelled out "I will be there in 2 secs" I finished the showers, put the mop in the bucket and headed out to the reception.
To my shock I saw some bastard running across the carpark carrying my cash register. Mine, the squashgodfathers . What an arsehole!!
 I immediately burst into action, without concern for life and limb and took off out the door and across the carpark after him. With amazing speed I caught up with him down  the far corner of the carpark, he had a look of sheer terror in his eyes, for he new he was trapped by the squashgodfather!
Suddenly the trapped animal spun around and as if tossing a medicine ball,  threw the bloody register at me. 
I had a split second to make a decision; the mega brain started to crunch the numbers:
1. catch the cash register and let the prick get away, or 
2. don't catch it and grab him....expensive!.

My inner tight arse kicked in and I caught the cash register. Great catch I might add, as the bloody thing weighed a ton!

good squashing
squashgodfather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment